I don't know about you all but I can't believe it's November already - my husband and I are getting our Thanksgiving plans together, but I think despite the fact that we're now many miles closer to our family, we might just have a 2-person Thanksgiving dinner. A large part of it is thanks to my hesitation to travel that week (it ranks very, very low on my list of fun things to do over holiday weekends, especially since we travel like crazy over Christmas) but I'm kind of looking forward to our Thanksgiving. We'll hit up the Macy's Day Parade because we can and watch unbelievable amounts of football - sounds pretty decent to me.
On another note, I should have known you guys would flood the FFL readers' choice survey (thank you!)...to the point that I need to switch survey hosts from PollDaddy back to my original Google Forms plan. So if you try to answer the survey today and aren't able to do so with PollDaddy, stay tuned...I'm getting it switched to Google. And don't worry, if you already voted, I'll be transferring those votes over. Thanks for being patient!
Time for today's best links...
- Of course there are several waiver wire links to scope out:
- Pigskin Addiction's Waiver Wire Work
- KFFL's Waiver Wire by position (links to QBs)
- Fantasy Joe's Moats: Worth a pick but maybe not a start
- FFManiaxs' Week 9 Waiver Wire
- Hatty Waiver Wire Guru's video
- NFL.com's Smith, Charles among the players to target off the waiver wire (includes video)
- Sigh. Kevin Smith owners (such as myself), beware of his falling value thanks to the incoming vulture, Maurice Morris. Rotoworld takes a look at what this might mean for Smith's fantasy worth.
- Take a look at MyOfficePool's Moving Up, Moving Down to get a sense of players who might be worth starting or targeting in a trade.
- Wow, the Chargers have released Chris Chambers. They must have read my article for the Bruno Boys last week that noted his poor fantasy points per target ratio this year...kidding, kidding. But on the fantasy front, Malcolm Floyd will probably start turning a few heads.
- Okay, FFGoat led me to this new site that I think you all will really dig...mostly because many of you have asked me to analyze the experts on a weekly basis, which FantasyXPERT.com has found a way to do. Basically when you sign up for a free account you can access a consensus on the best waiver wire advice, start/sit advice, and player rankings advice. Now where it really gets interesting is that with a premium account you can find out which sites have the most accurate waiver wire and start/sit advice. I'd like to know how they assess the accuracy of those advice pieces, but you can get some details on how they analyze the rankings here, but not a ton since it's a proprietary algorithm.
- If you're wondering what to do with Owen Daniels or Chris Cooley, take some advice from Top Fantasy Football and see why Fred Davis might be a great grab in Fantasy Sneak Peek: Fred Davis.