The only thing more amazing than the finish to the Colts vs Pats game? Randy Moss's beard. A quick shot of him sans helmet last night showed an impressive beard that caused my husband to muse, "is there any evidence that Randy Moss and Jesus are not one in the same?" which of course caused me to crack up (not intended to offend anyone, fyi...). Anyway, what an amazing game - let's get it all out there: yes, I was pulling for the Colts (my husband is a Knoxville, TN native and thus a huge Peyton fan) but I personally felt that the 4th and 2 call was incredibly ballsy and incredibly good. Would I have done it? Hell no, not a chance, but that's just one of the many reasons that Belichick is the evil mastermind of New England and I am not. And keep in mind that if it had worked there would be a parade in Boston this morning honoring Belichick's genius. Now what we can all hope for is an equally entertaining rematch for the AFC Championship game. If you'd like to see why Advanced NFL Stats' Brian Burke thinks the call was a great one, see what he has to say on the Fifth Down.
Meanwhile throughout the rest of the league there were countless injuries this week. Including one to Kyle Orton, which caused my Broncos to fall...to the Skins. I know, I know, I can barely even form coherent sentences after that one. But truth be told, the Skins are one of my favorite teams (hey, I grew up outside of DC!), and I've been feeling badly for them this whole season. I did not see the game, just followed the stats and highlights, so I don't know for sure how it all went down. But I know this - the Broncos are in a world of trouble.
Onto today's links:
- For the latest injury news, scope out KFFL's Post-game injury report, or head to FFToolbox's updates on Ronnie Brown, Michael Turner, Cedric Benson, and Julius Jones.
- Plus, Brian Westbrook had another concussion. Not good for his long-term situation.
- If you missed any of this weekend's games, there are as usual some solid recaps out there. Take a look at CBSSports.com's First Response: Adding insult to injury or Football Outsiders' Audibles at the Line: Week 10.
- Another good one to scope out from a fantasy perspective is Fantasy Hulks' Mr. Monday Morning: Week 10.
- So let's get to today's waiver wire articles:
- FootballDocs' Waiver Wire
- ProFootballWeekly's Fantasy Ticker: Week 11
- Bruno Boys' Pick Them Up and Cut Them Loose
- Lester's Legends' Get 'em or Don't Sweat 'em
- The Hazean's Early Week 11 Waiver Wire Thoughts
- FanHouse's Waiver Wire Wonders: Superstar Wheels Come Off
- IDPers, take a look at Monk's IDP Waiver Wire Pick Ups
- By the way, could I be any worse at picking games? Yeah. Nice, real nice. Basically if you're wondering who to pick, just do the opposite of what I say on Fighting Chance Fantasy.
- And in case you're in the market for a new website to scope out, SportsCenter.com goes live today - what do you guys think?