I might have just done something a bit crazy: I turned down a great job offer this morning. Without getting into too much detail, I was offered a position at a library (let's call it Library A) here in NYC but I still have a final round interview with another library (Library B) that I believe is more in line with my long-term library career aspirations coming up in a few weeks. I really wasn't ready to pull the trigger on Library A before meeting again with Library B, and since Library A decided they couldn't wait until my Library B interview had concluded, I declined the offer. I feel a little nuts: a job in the hand is worth two in the bush, right? But I firmly believe that there are times when you just have to go with your gut and trust that circumstances will evolve as they're meant to...so here's to Library B (or options C, D, and beyond!).
This of course is a perfect segue into fantasy football since I so often urge you all to go with your gut when faced with some tricky decisions. Use of the gut of course comes after you do your research, so let's research baby!
- FFToolbox brings us their Week 9: Super Sleepers but I have to say that Malcom Floyd is far from a super sleeper - I'd happily add him to my lineup in just about any league with 3 WRs or a flex spot.
- Looking for some thoughts on who you can buy/sell to sweeten your squad? Check out Pyromaniac.com's Pyro Stock Exchange. Other than disagreeing firmly on Aaron Rodgers, I really like a lot of the thoughts here. Good read.
- A few IDP links for you:
- Numbers & Guts' IDP Wednesday: Week 9 - chock full of interesting nuggets as always
- FantasyFootball.com's Wire Me This (IDP) - I've got Greer in one of my leagues so glad to see some love for him here.
- Razzball's Game (Day) Theory: Sleeper Math Week 9 - you can get advice on players with the most potential + opportunity divided into tiers here.
- I know how you all love your targets, so for a snapshot from Week 8, see Rotoworld's Week 8 target report highlights.
- Still lots of good waiver wire links up today:
- Rotoworld's Turnover in Texas
- Talented Mr. Roto's The Green-Eyed TMR
- FantasySharks.com's Waiver Wire Pickups
- FantasyPros911's Added and Dropped: Backfield Reinforcements
- Fantasy Depth Charts' Waiver Wire (new site for me, would love any feedback)
- Fantasy Phenoms' Searching the Scrap Heap
- RotoExperts' The Pick-Up Artist: Pretty Boy Floyd
- And of course the start/sit links are starting to roll out now, too: