Yesterday afternoon shortly after I finished my post, a massive storm came rolling through the NYC area. I live up on the 36th floor with a fair number of windows so I was watching these black clouds grow increasingly menacing and as the rain/hail mix started to hit the windows I realized this was no ordinary storm. If you've been around the blog long enough you know that I love weather stuff - crazy weather stories are right up my alley. But when I turned on the local news and heard them suggesting that Brooklyn viewers (hey that's me!) get themselves into a basement ASAP, I realized that dangerous weather is um, less exciting to actually live through. So I hung out in the bathroom with a laptop and one cat (the other cat had wisely lodged himself deep under our bed when the storm started) until the storm passed just a few minutes later. The wackiest part of this storm was that there was no warning from the weather experts that such a ferocious storm could be en route.
This of course makes me think of fantasy football...we put such stock in our FF experts and get worked up when they recommend starting someone who has a bust of a day - or when they don't see the Arian Foster Storm a comin'. But much like we've come to expect with the weather, there are always situations that no one could see coming (Kevin Kolb) or that just seemed too unlikely to comment upon (Peyton Hillis). So while I find FantasyPros.com's Week 1 accuracy report as posted on the Fifth Down a compelling read, I say 1 week of data is way, way too little with which to make decisions. Read but proceed with caution.
Meanwhile the experts are of course at it again, posting their start/sit advice like crazy. So onto today's links:
- Start/sit advice:
- The Hazean's Start & Sit Extravaganza: Starting Michael Vick over Tom Brady - both links and player suggestions, best of all worlds...
- CBSSports.com's Week 2 Start 'Em and Sit 'Em
- Fifth Down's Week 2 in Fantasy Football Matchups
- ESPN's Matthew Berry notes his Love/Hate for Week 2 amidst his annual Yom Kippur-inspired, football-style atonement article.
- TheFootballGirl.com's Week Start 'Em or Sit 'Em for QBs and RBs and then WRs and TEs
- FantasyPhenoms.com's Week 2 Starts and Sits
- FantasyFootballNerd.com's Week 2 Where to Put Em
- Bruno Boys' Week 2 Fantasy Football Start 'Ems
- Week 2 rankings action:
- Or take a look at the Mac Bros' Start/Sit Rankings - this link will take you to QBs.
- Or RapidDraft.com's Week 2 RB Cheatsheet with rankings and player notes.
- I know in the past many of you have asked for feedback on the best league host sites and the FFGeekBlog is pulling together a spreadsheet to look at the pluses and minuses for each host. Since you're probably well aware of your league's strengths and weaknesses right now, I encourage you to submit your thoughts to make this a really helpful spreadsheet for all.
- IDPers, take a look at ProFootballFocus.com's Fantasy: IDP - Pick-Six article for those of you who have already seen injuries to your defenders and need a few guys to plug into your lineup for the rest of the season.
- FFToday.com is always full of quality content but when I'm trying to make some lineup decisions, I find their NFL Game Previews particularly helpful. Good stats review in the game notes plus their player projections - definitely helpful material.