Must say I'm feeling a great deal of sorrow that FootballGuys had to close down their awesome repository of links for fantasy footballers, TodayinFantasy.com. When I think about the time and energy I put into this relatively minimalistic blog in my spare time and compare it to the monstrous task they took on with TIF, I have to say I'm not shocked that they're taking a break to get kinks worked out...it's a loss for the fantasy info lover but know that they'll be back better than ever next spring.
In the meantime I'm drowning my TIF sorrows with the reminder that the NFL season starts in less than 48 hours...and there's plenty of Week 1 material out there to link to tonight:
- Week 1 rankings and projections:
- Pigskin Addiction's Game by Game: Week 1 projections
- Razzball.com's Week 1 QB Rankings - I'm guessing other positional rankings will be posted soon.
- ProFootballWeekly.com's Week One fantasy player rankings
- Hatty Waiver Wire Guru's 2010 Week 1 Rankings includes a link to sleepers and will apparently be updated as game time gets closer.
- Week 1 Start/Sit suggestions:
- FantasyOmatic.com's Start/Sit: Week One - far more detail here than just a quick list of names.
- CBSSports.com talks start/sit but also annual predictions in Fantasy & Reality: Sit Studs in Week 1?
- The Hazean has injury news for a whole slew of players up in Injury Prep for Week 1 - and he includes a friendly reminder to make sure your lineups are set for Thursday night's game. Can't say that enough!
- Speaking of Thursday night's game, Rotoworld breaks it down with notes on players that you'll want to start, and those who can remain benched in Thursday Night Matchup: MIN @ NO.
- Another treat from Rotoworld is Your 2010 Revis Cheat Sheet with a list of top WRs that you might want to sit when facing the Jets this season. The Revis impact is no joke - some incredible talent has been stymied by Revis so do keep the Revisness in mind this year as you set your lineups each week.