As many of you know, my husband and I moved to New York last summer after spending about 6 years in Boulder, Colorado. Right now I can't stop thinking about my friends back in Boulder who are dealing with the stress of a nearby forest fire that has been raging for a few days and is now threatening the city of Boulder...and even has much of the city gearing up for evacuations. My heart goes out to you guys.
It has been a bit of an odd week between staying informed of the fire in Boulder, wrapping up my last week in the office before starting maternity leave (one last week of work - working from home finally, no more subway commutes for this pregnant lady!), and the start of football season (again, finally!). Really right now I'm welcoming the distraction of fantasy football so let's get to today's links, which are again heavy on the start/sit. I'll be posting the apparently much-loved consensus start/sit list later today or tomorrow at the latest. I'll also be back with the winner of the Buffalo Wild Wings lawn chair (85 of you submitted entries - awesome!).
- I'm digging this column from ProFootballFocus that looks at key matchups between star offensive players and star defensive players - helps all of us (not just those in IDP leagues) determine whether or not our studs are going to be up against some extra competition this week or not.
- I'm going to start off today's start/sit list with a link to a pretty awesome feature that FantasyPros.com has built. Basically if I had time and skills to create some tools for fantasy footballers, I'd do much of what FantasyPros.com has been doing, so I'm thrilled to be able to link out to them this year...check out their Who Should I Start? tool which allows you to input two players' names and get feedback about which experts out there are recommending each player. For example, I pitted Jabar Gaffney against Terrell Owens for kicks and the Week 1 consensus came back letting me know that 56% of experts listed starting Owens versus 44% for Gaffney - it shows you each of the experts that named that player, too. Very cool. So now onto those expert links...
- Razzball.com's Start and Sit Week 1 (note that the Razzball guys welcome your start/sit questions)
- Fifth Down's Week 1 in Fantasy Football Matchups (lists favorable/unfavorable matchups, and again, these guys will happily take your start/sit questions until 5 pm eastern today)
- FantasySharks.com's Start/Bench List 2010 Week 1
- Matthew Berry's Love/Hate for Week 1
- FFArmory.com's Start 'em - Sit 'em - Week 1: 2010
- The Hazean's Start & Sit Week 1: Would You Bench a Stud the First Weekend?
- SI's NFL start 'em, sit 'em: Week 1
- NFL.com's Start 'em, Sit 'em: Rivers, Forte should light it up for owners in Week 1
- ProFootballWeekly.com's Week One fantasy tips: RBs has some interesting commentary on RBs ranging from preseason recaps to the latest on the injury front. Quick read that should keep you up to date on the RB scene.
- Rotoworld's Gregg Rosenthal has his Week 1 Rankings up by position - always a go-to spot for me each week.
- FantasyFanPlay.com looks at 20 big questions for the season - interesting queries like who will be the biggest bust/surprise, who will be the biggest TD vulture, who will be the #1 RB, etc.