I've been scurrying around on waiver wires this morning trying to get all my bases covered for the first bye week (though I really consider the Bal/Hou Week 2 scenario a bit of a bye week) and the undeniable injury bug that has slammed most of my teams. If you're in the same boat, read on for some waiver advice:
- If you've got a few IDPers who are on bye this week and need some filler suggestions, take a look at fantasyfootball.com's IDP Waiver Wire Heroes.
- Hatty Waiver Wire Guru Week 4 - a few reasons I like this link in particular: 1. It's a video and sometimes when you're in an office, listening to fantasy content can be easier than reading it. 2. Hatty, your waiver wire host, is undefeated. That's more than I can say for myself, so perhaps this man's wisdom is worth hearing! 3. There are some less common names here - I appreciate that quite a bit.
- Check out FFXtreme's Week 4 Fantasy Football Stock Market - I must say I'm glad to see that Smitty has at least some faith in Braylon Edwards and Chad Ocho Cinco going forward...
- Rotoworld is full of waiver wire advice - there are some suggestions up on Gregg Rosenthal's blog, Pancake Blocks, and also in Rotoworld's weekly Waiver Wired article, The Mighty Quinn.
- FFToolbox already has their Who to Start Rankings up for Week 4, divided up by position. FFToolbox also has a Week 4: Pickups of the Week article available. Oh to see McClain's name on here is killing me. Speaking of which, a quick update on my leagues: I ended up going 2-5 this week, so I did have some luck on my side last night. Though I'd like to note that I also had a monstrous week in the $100K Fantasy Challenge, which technically might qualify as an 8th league for me. I'll be updating you all on my weekly winners soon!
- The FFGeekBlog has some free agent advice in The Wire: Waiver Wire Pickups for Week 4, 2008. I enjoy the fact that I apparently can most assuredly be called "desperate" based on who I've picked up off of the Geeks' list of suggestions for the week. Sadly, my WRs in many leagues weren't built for this Colston injury issue to overlap with bye weeks for the Colts and Pats.
- Bruno Boys have more waiver wire advice for us, which also includes a nice watch list of guys you might want to monitor this week.