This Thursday night, the University of Colorado (where I work) is hosting West Virginia for a nationally televised game. The university is essentially shutting down for this - it has been rather amusing to see it evolve - they've asked us all to leave work at 2:00 that day to allow for more parking spots for game-goers...and in theory to let all of us get the heck out of dodge before the swarm of traffic and fans arrive. I kind of want to just lurk around the stadium and take in all of the awesomeness of a big college game (no, I'm not actually going) but instead I will be heading to my local Apple store to purchase an iPhone. Could I be more excited? This will completely change my access to fantasy stats and my blog while I travel this fall and the best part? It's a gift from my overly-generous sister as a thanks for being her maid of honor - she's the best, isn't she?
But moving on from my glorious cell phone life, Week 3 is quickly approaching and there's lots of football advice out there, so let's get to it:
- FantasySportsCentral.com has Fantasy Football Rankings from weeks 1-2 up - this link goes to the overall rankings but you can tweak it to view players by positions as well.
- Fantasy Football Sharks has their waiver wire advice up in Week Three Waiver Wire Pickups. Love seeing some of my Broncos under Smokin' Hot. They've got Chansi Stuckey under Deep and/or Dynasty Only but I think he should be under the On the Radar section instead - I'm not saying run out and grab Stuckey right now but he's putting up points here...
- FFToolbox's Week 3: Pickups of the Week starts off with Brian Griese on their list. Not sure I'm feeling the Griese love but there are a lot of people in need of QBs this season, and you could certainly do worse than Griese.
- One of you asked about Pierre Thomas' value - the Bruno Boys list him on their Waiver Wire article for the week but they note that he may be more of an RB4...I think that might be a little low, but they're certainly right that with all the offensive talent that the Saints have right now, Thomas might be more of an afterthought for the time being.
- ProFootballWeekly has more waiver wire thoughts in Fantasy Ticker: Make a go at J.T.O. - O'Sullivan is totally the hot waiver wire commodity this week. And when you look at his upcoming schedule, it is a bit tempting...
- AccuScore's NFL Waiver Wire Wonders is largely more of the same guys mentioned in many of the above links, but these guys list more defenses including surprise D/STs like Atlanta and Cleveland.
- Now on a non-waiver wire note, check out what the FFGeekBlog has to say about possible trades you might want to make this week. The Geeks note some interesting prospects in Sell high, buy low.