We've got a winner. Glenn Okamoto submitted the closest guess for last night's MNF double header contest (he guessed Adrian Peterson with 98 yards; AP/AD had 103 rushing yards last night) and is now a proud subscriber to FFXtreme. Thanks to all of you who participated and if you didn't win, well why not try again? I'm going to spice things up a little (getting crazy!) and ask two questions for the Week 2 games contest:
1. How many rushing yards will Matt Forte have in Week 2? (The winner will receive a subscription to FFXtreme)
2. How many receiving yards will Randy Moss have in Week 2? (The winner will receive access to Fantasy Football Starters' Power Player Package - includes a line-up and trade analyzer)
E-mail me your answers for the above questions by Sunday, September 14 by 11:00 am eastern time. This is an excellent time to let you all know that I am going to be traveling this weekend from Thursday through Sunday and might be a little slower than usual in getting back to your e-mails. I'm throwing my sister a wedding shower back in D.C. so I'll be doing girly things for much of the weekend. But don't worry, I'll still be around and blogging! In fact, I'll be traveling for 5 of the next 9 weekends so I think I'll get the hang of blogging from the road...but have patience.
Now to football. Finally.
- More waiver wire advice from the FFGoat - he's added Eddie Royal (Go Broncos!) to his list of pickups, so you can rest assured that the Goat is on the ball with waiver wire picks.
- A quick list of waiver wire possibilities from Rosenthal's Pancake Blocks blog.
- Pigskin Addiction already posted their projections for Week 2 games with scores, commentary and yardage for big (and small) fantasy players.
- I've been flooded with questions about which QB to grab now that Brady is out and Carson Palmer looks mediocre at best. First, let me advise two things: 1. if you're in a keeper league it goes without saying that you keep Brady on your team and 2. give Palmer a little time before you dump him, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't look at other options. Fantasy Sharks' Hey Brady owners: What is your plan B? has some interesting thoughts for those of you in need of a new QB.
- More waiver wire goodness on SportingNews.com's Wire Tap: Yes's, No's, Maybe So's