Happy MNF double header. To celebrate such a season rarity, we'll be doing another contest here at FFLibrarian. A few weeks ago I gave away a few year-long subscriptions to Fantasy Football Xtreme and we're doing another one tonight. Since Adrian Peterson is playing tonight and the Denver vs. Oakland showdown is sure to be a battle on the ground, I thought I'd put out a call for the running back with the highest number of yards on the ground. So e-mail me the RB (and anticipated his rushing yards) that you think will be numero uno tonight by 7:00 pm eastern today (Monday) and the winner will be a lucky recipient of a FFXtreme subscription. You only have a few hours so submit your guess now!
I think I'm going to make this contest a regular feature for the next several weeks to thank you all for stopping by. Every week I'll ask for a position and yardage and you could win either a subscription to FFXtreme or to Fantasy Football Starters' Power Player Package.
In other news, as I mentioned yesterday the local Fox station ran a story on me last night and for those who don't live in the Denver area, here's the video. I think my 15 minutes of fame might be coming to an end but it was fun while it lasted! And now maybe I can finally get over my cold...
But onto the important stuff!
- When you see Brady, LT, Marion Barber and Joseph Addai all listed under Injury Notes for Week 1, you know it's going to be a crazy season. For thoughts on Brady's season-ending injury, check out Gregg Rosenthal's A Season Changed. And KFFL.com has your other post-game injury news.
- The FootballDocs are one of the most dependable sites I know - you can count on them churn out their waiver wire advice early every Monday morning no matter what. So read on for their Week 2 Pick-up/Drop Advice, which includes Anthony Fasano (did I call that one or what? I guess it's a little early in the season to be making claims...) and Dante Rosario (what an amazing catch to end yesterday's game!).
- FFXtreme has advice on which players are on the rise and decline in Fantasy Football Stock Market - Week 2.
- ProFootballWeekly's Fantasy Ticker has some hot pickups and sell high suggestions - okay, just one sell high suggestion: Randy Moss.
- Bruno Boys' Fantasy Football Week 1 Waiver Wire is up for your review - I like the watch list at the end but also wouldn't have minded seeing some D/STs up there. As a Seattle D/ST owner in several leagues, yesterday was um, not fun. I'm not sure I need to pull the trigger quite yet but they sure are making me nervous.