Rashard Mendenhall is out for the season - seriously?! That was a battlefield out there last night in the MNF game...I can't remember the last time I saw so many injuries, stretchers or carts used as in Week 4. So now my old fantasy flame, Mewelde Moore, reappears on the scene. If I was wise, I'd heed the advice of the FFGeekBlog and perhaps not run out and grab Moore. See what the Geeks have to say about other waiver wire options out there, too.
I'm not sure I want to admit to you all that I had another abysmal week - I went 2-5 again. I spent a great deal of time last night pouring through my league standings, ranting about how many "points against" I had accrued and how everyone clearly brought their A-game when they played me...and then I laughed wickedly when I noticed that I might have lost to a guy in one league this week, but my point total still landed me ahead of him in the league standings. My husband just shook his head sadly at how his once normal wife had become an obsessed fantasy machine.
So bring it, Week 5. I'm not going 2-5 again; I'm done with that.
- Fantasy Sharks' Week Five Waiver Wire Pickups - note that there is not a single player out there that these guys think is a "must have" for the week. I'm liking their Donnie Avery note here - I've written about this guy's potential before and I think we'll start seeing some sneak peeks before the season's end.
- Hatty Waiver Wire Guru Week 5 - another quality video from Hatty; note his comment in the beginning that a lot of these suggestions are most appropriate for players in deep leagues.
- CBSSports has more waiver advice in Playing the Waiver Wire - I've seen Zach Miller on a bunch of pickup lists so it's interesting to read the counter argument here against grabbing Miller. By the way, if you have Fasano, think about plugging him in against the Chargers next week.
- And wait - MORE waiver advice is still coming. KFFL.com's Waiver Wire - Week 5 is up and I think it's time to admit that I'm liking McClain a lot more now that I actually saw him in action last night. He is not a small man at all - that guy has got some power behind him.
- Okay, final waiver wire article...the Fantasy Hulks, a new site on the scene, has their Waiver World post up - I really like the way they divided pickups into all leagues, 12-teamer leagues and 14-teamer leagues. I hear from a lot of you guys that are in massive leagues with few options - hopefully the Fantasy Hulks will be able to help you out this season.