I'm a little embarrassed to admit this but I'm in heaven right now - we finally have wireless (and cable) and my life has just taken a serious turn for the better. At the risk of sounding like a future shut-in in the making, I couldn't be happier to be able to sit on my couch and write this post. Sure, I miss out on some of the crazies at the local coffee shop but I think I'm about to be so much more productive.
So on that note, let's dive right in to today's headlines!
- FFToday takes a pretty solid stab at some Below the Radar - Sleepers. I feel like each of us might have our own take on what "sleeper" really means but this article does a pretty good job of locating later round players that could be real gems.
- Looking for team defense rankings? See what the Bruno Boys have to say in 2009 Fantasy Football Defensive Rankings.
- For those of you who are in the mood to take a quiz and test your FF knowledge, try Athlon/Grogan's 2009 Fantasy Quiz to see how ready you are to draft. I'll be honest, it was tough.
- I know a bunch of you are big proponents of auction leagues - I have yet to participate in one but I'll try to get some auction details out your way, like FFToolbox's latest update to their 2009 Fantasy Football Auction Values.
- I just grabbed Donovan McNabb with the 5.02 pick in a league with no qualms about the addition of Michael Vick. My latest roster update for that league is: 1.02 MJD, 2.11 Marques Colston, 3.02 Anquan Boldin, 4.11 Joseph Addai, 5.02 Donovan McNabb.
- The cat is out of the bag (I can't help but envision Kramer when I say that...) with Chaz Schilens - he had a pretty solid first preseason game, which of course is not to say that he'll be a fantasy goldmine but he's definitely someone worth thinking about in late rounds.
- I shied away from grabbing Steve Smith in the recent draft I mentioned above but it seems like I might have been a little too conservative. Smith is back in full pads and seems to be back on track.