Greetings from Omaha. As I've probably made abundantly clear, I'm en route from Colorado to NYC this week - and thank you all for your well wishes with the move. Today we have a very manageable trip from Omaha to Chicago where we'll stay with my college roommate. Should be a fun time. Fortunately that means I've got a little time for a post...
- Is Eli Manning about to become the highest-paid player in the NFL? See what the Fifth Down has to say about the deal that's in the works that will send $35 million guaranteed to Eli.
- RapidDraft's Schedule helps Hasselbeck, hurts Orton and Cassel takes a look at strength-of-schedule rankings for pass offenses. As Schauf notes, this obviously isn't going to dictate who you draft but is another bit of info to keep in mind as you draft.
- Looking for some breakout candidates? Look no further than FantasySharks.com's suggestions in Give me a breakout candidate.
- On the flip side, Ultimate Fantasy Football Strategy brings us their Top 10 Overvalued Players.
- Hatty Waiver Wire Guru recommends some Young stud RBs and Reliable WRs you might want to target on draft day.
- You can always count on FootballOutsiders.com to come up with some new sort of metric - today we have the Receiver plus/minus which gives us the top ten and bottom ten receivers based on their catch rate. Check it out - interesting stuff. The "what does this mean though?" analysis will come next...
- More from FootballOutsiders - a continuation of their Wisdom of the Crowds series, this time with projections for TEs.
- I was recently tempted with the idea of taking Bernard Berrian in an e-mail draft but I just didn't feel confident enough in his ability to produce. After reading Rotoworld's Vikings offense = fantasy gold? I wondered what the rest of the fantasy world thinks. I took Kevin Walter at the 7.01 spot in a PPR league that starts 3 WRs; should I have gone with Berrian instead? The rest of my team so far is: MJD at 1.01, Clinton Portis at 2.12, Dwayne Bowe at 3.01, Aaron Rodgers at 4.12, Santonio Holmes at 5.01, Donald Brown at 6.12, Kevin Walter at 7.01. For details on the rest of the draft, take a look here.
- Speaking of Donald Brown, he's on FFToolbox's list of 2009 Fantasy Football Sleepers RBs.