I was walking down a beautiful tree-lined street in a nearby Brooklyn neighborhood yesterday afternoon (in search of a new coffee shop; it's now clear to me that nothing gets me exploring like a good cup of coffee) when it happened: I smelled fall. Some of the leaves must have been giving off that wonderful fall-is-here scent and I was reminded yet again that I adore fall. I'm one of those nerds that actually looked forward to going back to school every year, and the scent of late summer grass always makes me think of the fall sports I played. And of course, my football friends, fall means football!
I've heard from so many of you about the average ranking position spreadsheet I posted about yesterday - I'll be adding to it and pulling out positional rankings. Hopefully I'll have the updated sheet up by the end of the weekend. I've put up the first page of the spreadsheet (with the averages) on google docs now in addition to Scribd (or you're still welcome to e-mail me for it).
Let's get to today's links:
- First, I don't think I did a very good job of self-promotion yesterday since I had so much going on with the average rankings spreadsheet but I was on Rapid Draft's Fantasy Lunch radio show yesterday - here's a link to my show with Hegs and The Sports Blonde.
- Also, my first article of the season with the Bruno Boys is up and ready to be read - Standard vs PPR: The Effect on ADP! A bunch of you have indicated interest in PPR leagues so I tried to dig up some details on which players in mid to late rounds are going higher in PPR leagues; who should you be targeting for those rounds?
- Advanced NFL Stats has some interesting things to say about the increased participation of TEs in the NFL passing game since 2001 in Ascent of the Tight End. Perhaps I need to change my TE tune and start drafting top TEs rather than grabbing one in the 7-10 rounds.
- The FFGeekBlog alerted me to the fact that Beanie Wells has reinjured his ankle...is Tim Hightower climbing back up draft boards or am I overreacting?
- In other injury news (and remember to keep your eye on news; I dig Rotoworld's Headlines), Chaz Schilens' sleeper status will have to wait a year or two - he's broken his foot.
- Hatty Waiver Wire Guru has some IDP advice in Top 5 Rookie Defensive Linemen. I need to make some decisions on who I am going to cut in my dynasty league and I can cut one of my 5 IDPs...possibly to be replaced with a rookie? I'm really digging my team though - take a look: QBs: Jay Cutler, Jason Campbell; RBs: Maurice Jones-Drew, Chris Johnson, Felix Jones, Tim Hightower; WRs: Marques Colston, Terrell Owens, Donald Driver, Steve Breaston, Domenik Hixon; TEs: Tony Gonzalez, John Carlson; Kicker: Mason Crosby; IDPs: Yeremiah Bell, Stewart Bradley, Eric Weddle, D.J. Williams, Mario Williams. Who should I drop?? I need to keep 4 IDPs and can't drop my kicker...
- While I couldn't disagree more on the Peyton Manning front (I think he's going to be seriously undervalued this season), I do think Top Fantasy Football's QB or Not QB - A Look at 2009 QB Fantasy Studs and Duds is a good read.