I survived my meeting with a personal trainer - I was dead on with the presumption that I'd get my butt kicked for my poor posture (and man, are my shoulder blades ever paying for it today!) but at least I was complimented on my squats form. Anyway, one of my goals is to run faster, better, longer - all that good stuff. It's possible that my plan to run like Usain Bolt though might be in peril (the dude keeps breaking his own record!), but I'm trying to get inspired by having the World Track & Field Championships on in the background this morning (I guarantee my husband and brother-in-law are both quite jealous of my morning). Whether or not this will translate into speed at the gym is to be determined...
But back to focusing on football!
- I love this tidbit from FootballOutsiders on Chad Ochocino kicking not only an extra point in last night's game but also a 61-yard opening kick to start the 2nd half.
- Heads up Peyton Manning naysayers - he had a great night last night. 10 of 14 for 167 yards and 2 TDs. In less than a quarter. Pretty awesome.
- The Brandon Marshall drama continues. If there's any reason I'm glad to be far from my Broncos these days, avoiding the updates on the Marshall saga on the local news would be it.
- For updates on other camp news, take a look at FFToday's Training Camp Hype with a team-by-team update for the week.
- Athlon/Grogan Sports has some words of wisdom for those of us participating in PPR leagues in PPR Strategy: Yes, that extra point matters a lot.
- Top Fantasy Football suggests some guys you might want to target during the middle of your draft if you'd like to bolster up your RBs - Top Mid-Round Fantasy Running Back Steals.
- If you missed last night's Live Q&A with the Bruno Boys, don't worry. You can reread the various Qs and get caught up on the latest advice.
- Interesting article from the Fifth Down on Jake Delhomme. I grabbed him as my QB2 in the 14th round, 12th pick recently and felt like I was getting pretty good value there. Agree? Disagree? Speaking of this recent draft, in general, this is not my favorite roster. While I could roll out a bunch of excuses about moving and drafting being a poor combo (I really don't recommend it...), or not liking drafting from the #1 overall spot, I think it was just an overall poor effort on my part. We'll see how it all pans out but I'm less than psyched about my roster.