I knew that pulling off a 96-team league would be tough, that at times it would feel like herding cats, and that all sorts of fun personalities would emerge. Oh so true. The e-mail-style draft started yesterday morning and we're still dealing with a handful of absentee owners - so if you e-mailed me about taking that last open spot a few weeks ago and I let you know the spot was taken, well, you might be hearing from me again.
As for the draft itself, I'm pretty pleased to have snagged Matt Forte in the 1.06 spot and Wes Welker with the 2.11 pick - I'm looking forward to what happens next! Speaking of drafts I'm participating in, follow along with another one I'm doing with the Bruno Boys Expert League Draft Results: Round 1 Recap.
Onto the rest of today's links:
- Now that the 2nd week of the preseason is in the books, see what the Bruno Boys have targeted as The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Preseason QBs (Week 2).
- Ahh, I love Football Outsiders. They keep coming up with more features to bring me back. Take a look at their new player pages - if you're an FO subscriber you can see pretty much all the details you could ever want, but they still open up much of their vault of stats to us non-subscribers, which is great.
- Rotoworld's A Preseason Look at Run Defenses is right up my alley. They've taken a stab at ranking the run defenses for 2009, which is helpful when considering not only your D/ST but also in looking at matchups. Good stuff.
- Fifth Down debates who should be the starting QB for the Jets after Sanchez's unfortunate performance last night in And the Winner of the Quarterback Competition Is...
- In other player news, is the Edge going to Seattle? And looks like Shaun Hill will be the 49ers starting QB.
- I'm digging FFToday's Top Ten Dropouts: QBs, RBs, WRs - which players that finished in the top 10 at their position last year will fall out of favor this year?
- I linked to this earlier in the summer but now that drafts are underway, find out how solid of a team you have with FootballGuys.com's Rate my Team feature - it's free!