Sigh. Marques Colston is undergoing surgery on his thumb that will keep him out of the game for 4-6 weeks. My receiving corps in multiple leagues just took a hit. With few options in one league, I just snagged David Patten; I had a hard time deciding between Patten and Devery Henderson but I think Patten is more of Brees' go-to guy and will hopefully fill in nicely for Colston. This should also increase the value of Bush and Shockey a bit so if you aren't already starting those guys, give it some serious thought.
Other links for the day:
- Have a Cowboy on your team? Then you must be feeling pretty good right now - CBS Sports' Fantasy & Reality: Hitch yourself to some 'Boys has some love for Dallas and lots of other good tidbits. Do yourself a favor and see what Dave Richard has to say this week.
- The FFGoat continues to impress - he is always cranking out new information. His Fantasy Football Start em Sit em and Sleeper Picks Week 2 is up.
- Check out the Fantasy Football Views blog's Fantasy impact: Patriots receivers - obviously we need to reduce our expectations for Cassel but how exactly will that impact the receivers in NE? Take a look for FFViews' viewpoint.
- Got the San Diego D/ST and wondering how your D might change now that Merriman has elected to undergo surgery? SportingNews.com's Inside the Game: Life without Merriman has the answers.
- Sports Grumblings' Mr. X's The Fire Sale: Feeling Good has thoughts for us on players with going up/going down value - and some amusing banter.
- The Bruno Boys are putting their Week 2 rankings up one position at a time - check out RB, WR, and QB with TE, K, and defenses still to come...