I'm going bowling tonight. Haven't bowled in quite some time but I'm being called up to replace a friend in my husband's bowling league who cut her hand and is incapable of bowling for several weeks. (Note: I still chuckle when I say "my husband's bowling league" - that's hilarious. Feel free to chuckle, too.) So typically when I go bowling I find that I have such tiny hands that I can basically only use the small child-sized/weighted bowling balls - which is somewhat embarrassing (particularly around people who are hardcore enough about bowling that they have joined a weekly league) and at that point, why not just go duckpin bowling as I did for my 9th birthday party? In fact now that I think about it, I might have peaked at bowling when I was 9. Huh. So you can see I'm a real aficionado here. I'm hoping to only experience a moderate degree of humiliation tonight but most of all I'm hoping the new iPhone (which is a true technological marvel) will have service in the bowling alley so I can stay hip to FF news.
So onto fantasy football links for the day:
- First, in case you haven't heard this elsewhere yet, Plax has been suspended for alleged insubordination for the next two weeks.But with the Giants on bye this coming week, that's really just a 1 week suspension as far as fantasy owners are concerned.
- I know some of you are not big Matthew Berry fans, but I love the guy's writing/humor/sarcasm and once again enjoyed his The Talented Mr. Roto: Week 4 Pickups. By the title you can probably discern that he's got a bunch of waiver wire suggestions up, so have at it!
- But the waiver fun doesn't stop there - there are just a bevy of waiver wire articles out there and are a few more of my favorites:
- The Fantasy Sports Forum's Risers & Decliners
- RotoExperts' Waiver Wire Tips: The Pickup Artist
- This Just In's Mad Adds: Free Agents of the Week - I'm just not drinking the LeRon McClain koolaid but he is a TD machine so far...
- There are several sites that already have start and sit advice up - these sites are just supremely on the ball, no? And I'm already seeing some trends here with lots of love for Chris Perry and Jonathan Stewart this week:
- The Goat's Start 'em Sit 'em and Sleepers for Week 4
- FFToolbox's Week 4: Start 'em
- Fantasy Sharks' Start/Bench List 2008 Week 4
- Last season there were times when I thought the FFGeekBlog guys were in my brain; we just had fairly similar mindsets at times. And today is no different - I enjoyed their look at the Top 25 fantasy football players after three weeks and just last night I was looking into this a bit (as compared to preseason average rankings) for my post for the NY Times this week...so stay tuned for more on that this Friday.