So I'm gearing up for my final trip during what I'm what I'm referring to as Sara's Month of Excellent Adventures - on this trip I'll sadly be back in coach but have my husband's company to keep me entertained as we head to good ol' Grand Rapids, Michigan, for that 90th birthday extravaganza I mentioned. I'm probably cursing myself by saying this, but of my three trips in the past month so far, every single flight has been on time or early. Can I keep the streak alive?!
Speaking of keeping streaks alive, I've got a bit of a winning thing going on in one league with some other fantasy football industry folks (5-1 baby!) but have a few bye holes to plug up - so let's take a look at some of the waiver wire suggestions and start/sit advice out there:
- The RotoExperts' Waiver Wire Tips: The Pickup Artist article takes some serious creativity. Read it for its entertainment value (though I can't actually recommend you use any of the pickup lines involved) but really read it for its sage waiver advice.
- In case you forgot that rookie Chris Johnson is awesome, his game against KC this weekend will be a sweet reminder. Don't let him ride the pine - this is a prime opportunity for him to put up solid numbers. But don't just trust me on this one - FFToolbox includes him in their Week 7: Sleepers of the Week article along with gems like Jeff Garcia and Sammy Morris.
- Remember a few days ago how I said I'd put my thinking cap on and come up with some Romo replacements? Yeah well fortunately for me, there are brilliant people out there who have done this work already, like Fantasy Football Views. Check out Alternatives for Romo Owners for info on the 11 QBs that could be considered possibilities.
- Next, a lot of you have commented on how much you've liked the Hatty Waiver Wire videos - you're in luck, Hatty is back with more in yet another new hat. This time he brings us the Bye Week Blues Week 7 - a list of the 5 QBs, 5 RBs, 5 WRs and 5 TEs that you can start this week if you've got some bye holes like me.
- More waiver wire suggestions come from SportingNews.com's Wire: Upsets and upstarts - note the inclusion of Ryan Torain here. I don't have any Denver insider news to inform me on this but Shanahan has a small lovefest for Torain; don't let him ride the waivers too long - he'll be playing by Week 9 and making waves.
- So last night we went over to a friend's house for a little BBQ - we brought Airheads with us since they're a favorite candy of the host (the clerk at the grocery store definitely said, "does anyone still eat Airheads?" to us and then proceeded to find the expiration date on the packaging to assure us that they hadn't been sitting in the candy aisle for a few years (they had an expiration of 2010, which certainly leads to the question: can an Airhead really expire??). But we could have just looked at the Incredible Hulk logo that was emblazoned on the wrapper and figured out that it was a recent piece of candy considering the Incredible Hulk isn't even out in theatres yet (update: I'm an idiot when it comes to movies - never trust my judgment whatsoever since I have just illustrated I have no clue what I'm talking about - the Hulk DVD isn't out yet and apparently that's all I've paid attention to; the Hulk movie came out this summer as bigboid so kindly pointed out in the comments. This makes the Airheads only oh, several months old and this is why I don't have a fantasy movies librarian website.). So when we finally busted into the Airheads, there's a Hulk tattoo in there - I have never seen a grown man so excited about a Hulk tattoo as my friend James. It was phenomenal. I won't go into great detail though about how he didn't actually read the tattoo instructions and incorrectly attempted to apply the tattoo to his calf, resulting in a total lack of tattoo-ness. Now I know to save up all the temporary tattoos I come across and give them to James. Anyway, all of that is a lead up to a Fantasy Hulks article, which has nothing to do with tattoos but a little something to do with the Hulk. And a lot to do with waviers - Waiver World: Week 6.
- The first start/bench article I've seen for the week comes from Fantasy Sharks' Start/Bench List - Week 7. While most of the fantasy world has been clambering for Dominic Rhodes (as well you should be, Addai owners) off of waivers, the Sharks suggest he might not be start-worthy.