Hey remember how I was complaining about the humidity of south Florida a few days ago? Yeah well Mother Nature has had her way with me - I stepped off the plane last night in Colorado to a light dusting of snow and temps in the upper 30s. I mean, what just happened? Gotta love it. Except when you're oh say a Randy Moss owner and you're watching Moss go from red hot and humid last season to cold and snowy this year. I don't think the numbers he put up last night are indicative of the rest of the season, but the Moss of 2007 has officially left the building.
Not that I actually got to see that game or anything more than a few highlights, though I did watch more football yesterday than I was expecting to see - the Dallas v. Arizona game was even on in the airport and I had my iPhone working furiously to get me the Denver game updates. Some crazy stuff went down in the 4th quarter of games yesterday - if you missed anything, not to fear. Lots of sites out there have some solid recaps, so let's catch up:
- Football Outsiders' Audibles at the Line - Week 6 - always one of my favorite ways of catching up on the weekend's games.
- Yahoo's Andy Behrens has a solid Sunday Scene, Week 6: When Shockey and Colston return, Drew Brees might just be OK that recaps a lot of highlights from the weekend.
- Fantasy Sharks' On the Rise, On the Fall - Week 6 - what the heck happened to Earnest Graham? Did I miss something in Tampa or are the rest of you equally surprised by Dunn's rise to RB Awesomeness? Let's also discuss Cutler being listed "on the fall" here - I'm probably just being overprotective of my QB but of course he's not going to do as well with Royal, Scheff and Young out - I'm fine with seeing him on the "fall" list but I do think chalking some of it up to the lack of healthy receivers/starters should have been noted here.
- FFGoat has his FF Sleepers and Waiver Wire Watch for Week 7 up - so for the first time this season I actually watched Matt Ryan play. The dude was impressive. I'll be honest, I scampered off to the waiver wire yesterday to try and grab him while Cutler is on bye in Week 8 - though ATL plays Philly that weekend and after the way the Eagles D has been habitually abusing offenses, I'm not sure I actually want Ryan after all...but let's talk about Jason Elam. I'm totally biased here, I have an Elam jersey. But is the guy awesome or what? I think he'd been written off in a lot of places with his move out of Denver but he was so clutch in Atlanta's win yesterday. I'm guessing he might be a kicker that's picked up off a few waivers.
- There are a few more waiver wire suggestions from AOL's FanHouse Waiver Wire Wonders: Week 6. I played Breaston this week and was delighted with his performance. Boldin is slated to return in Week 8 but perhaps Breaston isn't such a bad grab anyway...now unfortunately I also played Bobby Engram (thanks for putting up one tackle, Engram, at least you didn't give me a goose egg, eh?) so my gamble at receivers kind of evened out.
- NFL.com also has waiver advice in Elam, Pittman among players to add off the fantasy waiver wire - see, I knew Elam would be a hot commodity (wait, has a kicker ever been a hot waiver wire commodity?). Now I don't think I've been giving Berrian enough love lately - I even have a mental block on the fact that he plays in Minnesota; but as noted in this article, over the past month he's averaging 99.5 yards per game.