I've been postponing my blog for today because I just can't stand to type these words: the Broncos looked awful last night. What a disaster. Ugliest game I've seen in a long time. However, and I might be a little overly optimistic here, but at least it pretty much has to get better from here. Give the Broncos a little time to recover and hopefully not dwell too much on the absolute mess of a game they played last night...and they'll be a better team for it come Week 9.
Now from a fantasy perspective, going into last night's game I was pretty sure I would be 6-1 for the week in my 7 fantasy leagues. The Cutler disaster ravished my teams though and I lost by 0.21 points in one league and 1 point in another. At least in a 3rd league I won by the skin of my teeth (0.9 points) and I ended up going 4-3 for the week. Let's take a look at some waiver wire and pickup advice for Week 8:
- Gregg Rosenthal's Pancake Blocks blog has a list of waiver adds in Updated Waiver Picks - keep in mind that a lot of these guys are really only for those in deep leagues.
- FFGeekBlog's The Wire: Waiver wire pickups for Week 8, 2008 - I really like the suggestion of Josh Morgan for those in keeper leagues. I've gotta wonder though if the loss of Mike Nolan will mean a tough week for the 49ers. I know Marc from Bruno Boys is a Niners fan, so I'm off to go scope out the Bruno Boys site for any insight...
- Check out CBS Sports' Waiver Wire: Are you running on empty? for thoughts on why Aaron Stecker might be a decent RB pickup with Bush out for 3 weeks - and of course other waiver wire inspiration.
- KFFL has their Week 8 sleepers and Week 8 busts articles up for your review - and thus begins the great Jake Delhomme success story; except for the Week 9 bye, Delhomme should put up some really solid numbers over the next month as he's facing Arizona, Oakland, Detroit and Atlanta. Oh and Denver and New Orleans, too. That's sizzling.
- Also check out FFToolbox's Week 8: Pickups of the Week for reasons to plug guys like Kevin Curtis, Joey Galloway and David Akers (yes, a kicker was mentioned!) into your lineup.