My bowling performance last night was an unmitigated disaster. The only way to truly describe my actions would be very un-family friendly so instead just use your imagination. Think Denver Broncos on Monday Night - it was that bad. The worst part is, I don't even have an explanation other than the freaky left spin on the ball I've developed, but I think I'd need to see a bowling technique expert to get that ironed out. I need a motivational bowling speech, I think. I've busted out the Any Given Sunday "Inch by Inch" speech but now I'm just psyched for football to start this weekend. So any motivational speeches that will inspire me to bowling greatness next Wednesday are much appreciated.
In the meantime, there are fantasy football challenges to be won, playoffs to be reached. So let's take a look at a few of my favorite articles for the week:
- Oh the starts and sits are rolling in my friends - try on RotoExperts' Start and Sit: Week Eight for size and see how you feel about their suggestion of starting Peyton. It only leaves me even more flummoxed about my Peyton Manning vs Jason Campbell decision. And for the record, I'm starting Matt Ryan this week against the Eagles. Yes, I realize how crazy that might sound to some of you, and no, I won't encourage any of the rest of you to follow suit. But I think my Ryan experiment might not be as bad as we all assume...we shall see.
- The FFGoat's Cash Money FF Start'em and Sit'em post is up with a little love for the returning Kevin Curtis and a handful of other gems.
- Apropos to nothing, an acoustic version of Bush's Glycerine just came on my Pandora radio station (please, for the love, go check out Pandora if you're at all a music fan; I think I have it on for about 90% of the work day) - I had forgotten how awesome this song is. And now I'm suddenly transported back to high school. If you have no interest in my trip down memory lane via Glycerine then scope out ProFootballWeekly's 10 Most Intriguing Players of Week Eight.
- The Mac Bros are slowly posting their Week 8 rankings - they have their QBs up and should have the rest up by the weekend.
- I keep forgetting to post more links to rankings and projections - sorry about that! So here are a few sites with quality rankings/projections that I scope out pre-game time.
- Fanball's projections by position
- Pigskin Addiction's Game-by-game: Week 8 projections
- Fantasy Mojo's Comprehensive Player Rankings by Position
- FFToday's Projections by position - remember you can manipulate the projections based on the scoring system you use.
- FFXtreme's Week 8 - On the Rise, On the Decline encourages us to hang onto Gore (or get your hands on in him in a trade) since he'll have a sweet end of the season; I wholeheartedly agree with Smitty on that. But then again, I'm a really big Frank Gore fan.
- Football Jabber takes a look at 10 Fantasy Studs and 10 Fantasy Duds from the first half of the season. Which leads me to my Mid-Season Report Cards that I'll be putting together on the preseason fantasy football rankings from experts. I'll be basing the numbers off of performances through Week 8 and then might need a week or two to get all of the analysis complete. But keep your eyes open for it!