For years and years my dad wrote for the National Geographic, which not surprisingly, had him traveling across the world accruing about a billion airline miles; the man is forever ensconced as an elite member of multiple airline mileage clubs. Tomorrow morning I shall reap some of those benefits by flying first class to Miami on miles. Since I'm one of those really annoying people who likes to get to the airport with a lot of time and then sits at the gate, full of angst over whether or not my suitcase will fit in the overhead compartment, this is going to be a treat. I fully intend to use the first class security line and early boarding privileges; maybe I can even board twice to double my pleasure at this awesome experience.
Anyway, I likely won't have a post up tomorrow until late in the afternoon/evening since my flight is early enough that it requires leaving my house at 5:30 am. Sorry guys, just not sure I can wake at 4 just to get a blog post up.
So let's jump right into some links for today:
- I'm not sure this is really newsworthy but my sister, the reason for my Florida trip, and the rest of you Pats fans will be glad to know that Brady underwent a successful knee surgery just 4 weeks after his injury; good sign for his recovery. Only 6 to 8 more months until Brady-mania is back!
- Gregg Rosenthal's Ridiculously early and irregular Fantasy MVP watch is excellent fantasy fodder - and Cardinals fans must enjoy seeing three Cardinals on the honorable mention list here. Maybe this really is Arizona's year...
- One of you sent me an e-mail asking which was the better QB this week: Hasselbeck, Schaub or Russell. SportsBuffs' QB Cheat Sheet has Russell ranked as the highest with a projected 13 fantasy points, though Schaub and Hasselbeck aren't too very far behind.
- Fantasy Sports Forum has their Risers & Decliners: Week 6 article up - I had to grab Donald Lee to replace Tony Scheffler (sniff, sniff) in one league so here's hoping Lee's receptions (and Rodgers) stay up.
- Rumors abound that the 49ers are interested in a trade for either T.J. Houshmandzadeh or Roy Williams - the deadline is Week 7 so we'll know before long how it will pan out.
- Check out ProFootballWeekly's Week Six matchups to exploit or avoid - read and then reread that line about the Bengals giving up 171 rushing yards per game. Pardon me while I wipe up my "I'm playing Thomas Jones against the Bengals" drool.