I was watching the weather forecast this morning (fairly standard since I'm a weather nut) and couldn't help but wish I was back in Boulder where they're getting dumped with snow today. Much better than the sogginess that has descended upon NYC. Here's hoping the snow clears out in plenty of time for our Boulder buddies to make it out here for the NYC marathon. My husband and a bunch of our friends are running the marathon this weekend and I'm planning out my spectator route - any suggestions? I'm thinking mile 8 and mile 19 or so - then closing things out near the finish. I'm taking advice from seasoned NYC marathon spectators though.
It's just occurring to me now that I should have made a Fantasy Football Librarian shirt for my husband to run in for the race - that would have been awesome. By the way, if you're thinking to yourself, gotta get me one of those FFL t-shirts, fear not, it's as easy as could be. Click on the Support the FFLibrarian link on the right side of the blog and buy up a shirt, a mug, a whatever for your favorite FFLibrarian fans. I mean the holidays are right around the corner, what says Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah better than a FFLibrarian shirt, eh? Right?!
Moving on to today's links:
- First off, I can't ignore Larry Johnson's pure idiocy. His hateful language was just deplorable but I guess the upside is that it leads to articles such as the Fifth Down's Being Gay in the NFL: "The Only Thing We Need Is a Hero" that look at the macho culture of the NFL a bit more. With Johnson likely out the door before long, remember to grab Jamaal Charles if he's on your waiver wire.
- Speaking of waiver wires, there are some good ones still out there:
- Talented Mr. Roto: The TMR FAQ - learn everything you ever wanted to know about Matthew Berry and of course some player pickup advice.
- FantasySharks.com's Waiver Wire Pickups
- Numbers & Guts' IDP Wednesday: Week 8 for those in IDP leagues
- Last week I did an interview with The Football Girl - Melissa from The Football Girl is interviewing lots of players and other interesting folks so keep your eyes open for podcasts from her in the future, too.
- On the podcast front, I'll be talking with the GoGameFace ladies today - should be fun.
- Some of my favorite bloggers out there teamed together to answer the question, Who is your biggest buy-low candidate for Weeks 8 through 16? in this week's roundtable discussion. Lots of Jennings love here - read on to find out who else they like.
- The Hazean's Seven Fantasy Mirages or Seven Fantasy Studs-to-Be? offers up some sage advice on the fantasy worth of 7 players you might be considering for your squad.
- FFToolbox's Week 8: Sleepers of the Week advises playing Marc Bulger if you're in a bind. Oh man, I feel sorry for those in St. Louis and Detroit being forced to watch that matchup. Cross your fingers that the local stations will take mercy on you and offer up another game, too.
- A handful of start/sit links are up with advice for your roster this week: