A few early evening links for you before my weekly contest update...
- Rotoworld's Week 7 Target Report confirms what I was thinking and writing about in my column for the Bruno Boys this week (article will go up in the next day or so) in terms of Chris Chambers. His number of targets per game have actually increased since 2008 but clearly he isn't capitalizing on them...combine that with Norv's comments and Floyd will soon take over giving Chambers little to no fantasy relevance.
- Take a look at FantasySharks.com's Week 8 projections or FFToolbox's Week 8: Start 'Em for some early Week 8 lineup advice.
- I'm following the news on Goodell appearing before Congress to talk concussions - I read Malcolm Gladwell's article on the topic in The New Yorker a few weeks ago and definitely learned a little something. What I find most fascinating are the responses to the CBS article I link to here...lots of negativity. Am I naive in that I was expecting football fans to actually care about the long-term health of players?
Anyway, here are the top 5 scorers for the week in my monster league:
1. The Sugar Bakers - 158.80 points
2. ColdOne - 152.60 points
3. Lab - 131.55 points
4. Scotch for Breakfast - 131.45 points
5. Up Down Left Right B A - 130.95 points
Last week a great number of you participated in my weekly contest with 365FantasySports.com - love having all that interest, thanks guys! Below you can see the winning roster below from our winner: Tourinct, who rocked the win despite a 1-point performance from Westbrook. Impressive. The point caps game winner this week was repeat player (and winner!) Zrayed. Nicely done to both of you!
If you'd like to join in on the fun and show off your fantasy football knowledge for Week 8, then feel free to join us! It's free, very quick and easy, and full of smart fantasy minds. Get started here if you haven't participated before. The password this week is 8book - enjoy!