I love my neighborhood - I think it's just beautiful. I felt this way as soon as laid eyes on it when we were apartment hunting this summer. There's just such an abundance of character between the brownstones, old apartment buildings, churches, banks, and even the court buildings. Now I'll be the first to admit that I didn't think anything in New York City could possibly top my Boulder foothills, and while Boulder still takes the cake, my Brooklyn 'hood is awesome in a totally different way. I was walking around in the cool drizzle here yesterday thinking about how absolutely lovely the changing leaves are, even on a soggy day...and it occurred to me: this is it. This is how autumn was meant to be.
And what makes autumn even better? Football. So let's get to today's links:
- In yesterday's comments, reader Brian reminded me that I've been neglecting FantasyPros911 - and what an oversight! Thanks for the nudge, Brian, since it's definitely worth your time to check out some of their gems. Today I'm particularly enamored with their Week 8 IDP Fantasy Football Rankings: Top 225. Who else ranks that many IDPers?? You can break it down by position as well.
- Another by request item - a few weeks ago a reader asked for an analysis on fantasy points per target and since I like to play with just about any football stat available, I pulled something together for my weekly Bruno Boys article. Take a look to see which WRs aren't quite living up to their potential but might have a little something more to give in the second half of the season.
- Scope out Ultimate Fantasy Football Strategy's Team by Team Projections for Week 8 - you'll see some nice charts with projected fantasy points based on matchups.
- The NY Times' Fifth Down blog has their weekly matchups advice ready to go (including a few favorite links for the week from yours truly) - great place to go if you're looking for start/sit feedback.
- The Hazean's Six Big Fantasy Names to Sell is full of good stuff. I have to admit I don't agree with the idea of trading away some of these guys, particularly Greg Jennings and Steve Smith (CAR), but I love reading the Hazean's thoughts.
- ProFootballWeekly.com's Ten most intriguing players of Week Eight hit the nail on the head with Miles Austin. Will he keep it going? I say yes, indeed!
- A handful of start/sit and rankings links are up:
- FFGoat's Start em, Sit em, and Sleepers Week 8
- Junkyard Jake's Sleepers/Creepers
- Mr. Fantasy's Week 8 Rankings (link goes to RBs)
- 12StepDrop's Contentious Starts and Sits: Week 8
- FFToolbox's Week 8: Sit Em
- FFXtreme's Start and Bench Advice: Week 8
- Fantasy Joe's Studs, Duds, and sleepers: Colts' Collie to fill injury void
- Ask the Commish's Sit or Start for Week 8
- FFToday's Position Projections for Week 8 (link goes to QBs)