I have a whole new respect for double fantasy sports players - by that I mean those who are playing two different fantasy sports simultaneously. I've decided it's time to tango with another fantasy sport and since I dig basketball, I jumped in head first to an SI Friends & Family league, which started drafting a few days ago. Here's hoping I'm not way in over my head. Thanks to those of you that sent fantasy basketball resources my way - I'll be getting a post up (hopefully this week!) with feedback on my favorites so far just in case any fantasy basketballers out there are interested.
Some good games and some serious blowouts yesterday - I thought I'd get started today with a few injury updates and then dive right into the rest of the links:
- There's a very good chance that I'll pull out a win in the BWW All-Star Blogger League this week despite a goose egg from Leon Washington, who is unfortunately out for the season with a broken leg (which required immediate surgery in Oakland). Tough times for Leon, here's hoping for a speedy recovery. Meanwhile, fantasy footballers who are in need of a RB who might have some good weeks ahead, you know what to do - Shonn Greene. His 144 yards and 2 TDs should be reason enough to grab him.
- More injury news from FFToolbox - Jermichael Finley is out for a few weeks with a sprained knee. Bummer, the dude was putting up pretty decent numbers. And other news just to be aware of for now, Andre Johnson suffered a chest contusion - if he does miss any time, Kevin Walter could likely pick up some yardage as he did last year when Johnson was out.
- If you need a wrap-up of some of the games this week, check out CBSSports.com's First Response: Something is in the air. Or of course Peter King's MMQB, Seven storylines from wild Week 7, is also a good read as always. Will the NFL have a franchise play annually in London? Intriguing.
- Two more good reviews of the weekend's game from Fantasy Hulks - Mr. Monday Morning and Rotoworld's Beyond the Box Score.
- Time to scope out the waiver wire advice for Week 8: