After a long weekend in Tennessee, my husband and I returned home last night to a chilly, autumnal New York City. We walked into our apartment and realized that for the first time in over a decade, since those good ol' college dorm years, we have no control over our own heat. This is old hat to NYCers I'm sure, but I stared down the radiator in the bedroom last night, looking and then groping the thing for anything that would even remotely feel like an on-off dial...no dice, nada. But not too long after we got home and sat shivering on the couch, a lovely clanking sound began and that new-heat-burning-dust smell filled the apartment. Ahh, sweet sweet heat. That said, this morning those lovely radiators no longer seem to be emitting warmth. It's going to take me awhile (and many layers?) before I get a grasp on the inner workings of our heat. So not in my realm of past experiences.
Anyway, I'm back in town, have unpacked my tiny travel bag, and am ready for a new week of fantasy football! I put up a bunch of waiver wire links yesterday and have a few more today, but lots of other stuff as well. I've pretty much got waivers coming out my ears right now so I'm in the market for some new material.
- FFXtreme has just the cure I need with their Start & Bench Advice with the added bonus of a chart with defensive rankings against the run.
- FFToolbox's Who to Start Rankings have Aaron Rodgers as the top QB this week. Works for me since my BWW All-Star Blogger League team could use that boost with so many of my key players on bye this week.
- Another start/sit is up: FantasySharks.com's Start/Bench List Week 6.
- If you're in need of some players to plug in for your superstars on bye, see what The Hazean suggests in Bye Week Plug-and-Plays for Week 6. Gotta say that I'm just not sure I could play the Bucs defense; leaving that spot empty might be the smarter move there...sad, I know.
- The FFGeeks offer up some Week 6 Defenses to Consider if your D/ST is on bye.
- Lester's Legends hosts the blogger roundtable discussion this week: Aside from LT, which player or two saw his keeper value take the most significant hit and why? Get interesting input from lots of savvy bloggers - good stuff.
- Scope out the Fifth Down's Playing after a Bye Week: An Advantage or Overrated? I'm hoping the Chargers have nothing against my Broncos this week. The crazy socks should of course give the Broncos the edge this week, no?
- There are still some waiver wire links worthy of posting: