So I attacked my brussels sprouts consumption challenge with vigor last night. To many of you this might seem like a small task, but those who knew me in my youth (and my mom in particular) perhaps understand the undertaking that this was for me. I like to refer to myself as someone with a sensitive palate; my family just calls me a picky eater. I have of course progressed quite a bit since my youth but just to give you a sense of my picky eating (and my stubbornness), I didn't eat pizza until I got to college. Yeah, I said it. No pizza. My worst years were my elementary school years: I was that kid at birthday parties who showed up already fed; the one with a PB&J sandwich in my lunch box at a restaurant while the rest of my family ate normally; the one that possibly offended her grandmother with her refusal to eat more than one pea. Yes, I was a joy to feed. The good news for those parents out there with picky eaters is that we grow up and accept that spinach is a treat, lima beans are delicious, Indian food is tasty, and damn that pizza sure tastes good.
Point being, I played the role of Brussels Sprouts Chef last night and determined that you can dress up a sprout all you want - but it's still a sprout. I used two recipes, the better one being a variation of a recipe that a reader posted here on my site (thank you Les Savy Ferd!) and the first few bites really weren't that bad. The second recipe had such promise (it included pine nuts, apples, honey - those are all tasty items!) but it failed miserably. I've sent photo documentation of the evening to Fighting Chance Fantasy, which will probably go up tonight with the next set of bets in the Five Game Parlay series - here's hoping my picks this week will be a bit more accurate.
Moving on to today's start/sit and other great links:
- First up, start/sits:
- FFGeekBlog's Hits & Misses - Week 7: New England Heads to Old England
- FFToolbox's Week 7: Sit 'Em
- Matthew Berry's Life's little dilemmas (I'm Facebook friends with both my mom and dad so I found this one particularly amusing)
- The Hazean's Start & Sit Week 7
- Bruno Boys' Week 7 Start Ems
- Ask the Commish's Sit or Start
- Rapid Draft's Week 7 Start 'em/Bench 'em Report
- CBSSports.com's Week 7 Start 'Em and Sit 'Em
- FFNerd's Where to Put 'em - I like the Nerd's willingness to put Owen Daniels on his bench list despite the fact that the expert consensus has Daniels as the #5 TE for the week.
- Roto Arcade's Flames/Lames: Jonathan Stewart will slather Bills in Baconnaise - nice little nugget I learned here: the Steelers haven't allowed a 100-yard rusher in the past 28 games.
- Onto the best of the rest:
- Which franchise might be moved to L.A.?? See Fifth Down's Los Angeles Needs a Team: Which Franchise is the Flabbiest?
- Yahoo!'s Shuffle Up and Deal rankings for the remainder of the season.
- I love it when I can go to one site and find a variety of expert opinions, so I'm digging all the roundtable discussions I'm seeing this season. Take a look at RookieBlitz.com's Week 7 Sleepers discussion today.
- Mr. Fantasy's Week 7 position rankings - this one links to QBs.
- Fantasy Check has a great run down of the injuries that players are battling this week in Fantasy Check Up.
- My Office Pool has advice on Week 7 Buy Low, Sell High if you're contemplating making some roster moves.