Eddie Royal really pulled through for me. If you missed what happened last night, check out this ESPN article first. So let me list the ways I love Royal...first and foremost, he helped the Broncos win. Second, in my BWW All-Star Blogger League, return TDs count so I pulled out a 3 point win thanks to Royal (and Prater) to go 5-1 and get a little bit closer to the trip to Miami during the Super Bowl. Third, I was playing against my husband this week - he had Royal, I had the Denver D/ST. In a move that I couldn't have orchestrated better myself, our league settings did not give my husband points for Royal's TDs, but gave them to me instead for the Denver ST. Now for those of you calling shenanigans here (like my husband), I still would have won despite Royal's TDs. Oh winning against a spouse in FF is a beautiful thing.
Thanks for letting me talk about my fantasy successes here - the fact that I worked the system so well this week was just too noteworthy.
So moving on to today's links:
- Lester's Legends offers up some much-needed Bye Week Alternatives for Week 7 with a bunch of big fantasy teams on bye - take a look at his high-end alternatives, solid alternatives, and even desperation time picks for some bye week void help.
- A few articles note which players are moving up or down in value after Week 6 games:
- Sports Grumblings' The Fire Sale - which inevitably provides a few chuckles as well
- FantasySharks.com's On the Rise, On the Fall
- Take a look at FFToolbox's Week 7: Hot Trading Tips for guys you might want to try and move off your squad off possible.
- Yahoo!'s Roto Arcade's 7-on-7: Running is clearly not our Forte - some good injury updates/nuggets here.
- I'm so glad to see a little love for Tony Scheffler in Rotoworld's Still in the woods review of the MNF game and other league updates. I love me some Scheff...perhaps he's on the fantasy rebound here!