Greetings from my couch where I'm holed up with a box of kleenex, a laptop, and a remote control. Oh and a lot DayQuil. Perhaps all the traveling finally got to my immune system - I'm down for the count with a full-blown cold. In this age of swinexiety (swine + anxiety) I can safely assure you all that this is just a cold, but it is still no fun at all. Silver lining? I'm not going anywhere today so I might actually catch up on fantasy football e-mails (though fair warning that I might be in a bit of cold meds haze...)!
Time for today's links:
Time for today's links:
- Looking for Week 4 position rankings? Take a look at Fantasy Hulks - RB, QB, WR, TE (wow, Denver best vs TE in the whole league?!), and D/ST.
- The Fifth Down's Week 4 in Fantasy Football Matchups is up which includes my three links of the week. Plus the Sablich guys are great at responding with start/sit advice so by all means, post your questions in the comments section!
- I like boldness in the FF realm so I recommend scoping out Fantasy Football Out on a Limb from Lester's Legends. See which high profile players will be outplayed this week.
- Love seeing an IDP focus from SI - Eight in the Box: IDP Report includes analysis on both some fairly well-known players and lesser-known names.
- I did indeed go 3-0 in my Buffalo Wild Wings league and I'm psyched. I'm debating whether to play Gage or Addai in my flex RB/WR spot - if you've got an opinion, head on over to my blog post on the BWW site and let me know what you'd do!
- USA Today/Fantasy Joe's Studs, duds and sleepers: Jacobs should run over Chiefs
- FFManiaxs' Week 4 Start/Sit
- Yahoo! Sports has start/sit videos up by position - this one links to WRs
- Junkyard Jake's Sleepers/Creepers
- Fantasy Tailgate's Starters & Slackers
- More video start/sit action from NFL.com
- FFGoat's Start em Sit em and Sleepers Week 4
- 12StepDrop's Contentious Starts and Sits: Week 4
I need to fill two RB slots with the following three players. Please help!
Cutler vs. Schaub? I'm starting Schaub, but Cutler has been heating up and I like the match-up this week.
Also, I need 2 RB's from
I'm starting Barber/Choice and Portis, but I'm tempted to put in Rice in his place b/c of the ankles.
What do you think?
Thanks for the help!
Willie Parker (no, I didn't play im last week!)
because I'm sure someone will scoop them up.
2nd anon - I'd go with Moreno but Choice is tempting. If I'm just being an uber-Broncos fan with my Moreno pick here, someone else please correct me!
Mary - I'm least excited about Julius Jones. I think he had one solid game but could easily fade away again. It might hurt to drop him after such a great game but I feel pretty confident that Coffee will put up better numbers.
Love your site. I check it everyday. I'm in a 16 team PPR league. I have Ochocinco and Mason starting. For my flex, should I start Bobby Wade or Austin Collie?
Thanks for all the great info.
John - great to hear from you! A belated congrats and hi to Rachel. I'd roll with Burleson here - he's getting lots of looks from Wallace and I imagine that SEA might end up throwing a lot. Not sure either one will give you a ton of yards, but Burleson seems like the most promising.
Hi Jonah - tough one. Wade would be my pick but he faces the Giants; not good for Wade. But Collie is too much of a wildcard - he really hasn't shown a whole lot yet despite all his one-on-one work with Peyton. I think if you're feeling super risky you could go for Collie but Wade is more likely to at least get a few points for you.
Anon - I'd go with Bradshaw and Jackson. Lynch's return makes the Jackson call a little dicey but I think his numbers will be just fine.
Another Anon - Benson and McF, both have really solid matchups and don't have to share time with Barber.
love the site. Would you start vernon davis or kellen winslow at TE
Also, I have a decision at QB between Romo and Roethlisberger in one league and Romo or Carson Palmer in another.
Let me know what you think,
With GORE out im having some issues at RB.. Im going to hope Slaton finally has a good game but my RB2 choices are
Reggie Bush, Jerome Harrison (WW pick up) or Beanie Wells.... Not alot of RBs left on the WW
Its a PPR league, standard scoring...Thoughts??
Ok, so I need 2 RB, 2 WR, and a flex so I need to kick one of these players out.
Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Chad Ochocinco, MJD, Steve Slaton, Ryan Grant.
I like them all! I did not play Andre the week he went off so I am scared to bench him even though he will have Asomugha covering him. I like Slaton against Oaks Run D, I like MJD but dont like Tens Run D. I really like 85 against Cle. Grant I am unsure of. It is a big game but he does not run as well in away games and indoors.
What are your thoughts.
Ethan - From ID :)
PS Danno sounds like a total Douchebag!
PPS Nice job so far in the BWW League!
I need to fill a flex position with 1 of the following 4 RB's. This is for a PPR league. The choices(literally) are:
Love your site,lots to look at.
Receivers are my problem this week.
I have A.Johnson,P.Garcon, N.Burleson,E.Bennett,C.Henry
Which 2 should I play?
Anon - Wells is on bye and with the PPR situation I think I'd go with Bush over Harrison. To be honest, that's a close call though so go with your gut.
Ethan - Ryan Grant would be my sit, I think. You've highlighted the reasons but I really just think the Minn rushing game is a tough one. Good to hear from you!
Mark - All but Bush are facing rush defenses that so far are proving to be fairly tout. But I think I'd go Fred Jackson. I know and like his potential and while the Dolphins have been pretty strong against the run - and Lynch is back - I think he might be the best call. Call it gut.
Anon - I like Johnson, Garcon and Burleson the best and I think I'll narrow it down to Johnson and Burleson bc Indy won't need to pass nearly as much as Seattle will.
Good luck all!