I'm SportsCentering it up right now, catching up on highlights from yesterday's games, which are of course peppered with some somewhat painful Chris Berman "and there goes Matt Forte, running is his forte" classics. You can't imagine my delight at being able to watch every moment of the Broncos vs Cowboys game yesterday from the comfort of my own home. No highlight reel or special sports bar trip necessary for this Broncos fan! I did check out two new sports bars this weekend though: Ocean's 8 in Park Slope at a reader's suggestion for some college football and St. Mark's Ale House in the East Village for Sunday Night Football - two totally different feels but I liked them both; too bad both are a train ride away.
Now let's all pause for a moment and relish the Broncos' 4-0 status. It's a thing of beauty. Who knew?
Thank you all for humoring me there, we can move onto today's links:
- There are a handful of good recaps out there. First up, Fantasy Hulks' Mr. Monday Morning: Week 4. It's a nice little reminder of how badly Mendenhall, Gates, and Calvin Johnson beat up on my fantasy teams this weekend. Let's just say only a small number of my fantasy leagues are likely to emerge unscathed this week.
- Check out CBSSports.com's First Response: Forte, Slaton pick it up, which includes a few names you might want to think about adding to your squad.
- For a review of new injuries, see Rotoworld's Week 4 bumps and bruises.
- Some good game nuggets (and harsh words for McFadden) from Fantasy Joe's Slaton comes out strong, unlike McFadden.
- Now, waiver wire time:
- The Bruno Boys have their Pick Them Up (note, if you're desperate for a TE, check out their advice) and Cut Them Loose articles ready to roll.
- FootballDocs of course have their Waiver Wire advice up already - note, this is the first week they'll be posting their drop suggestions, which will go up later today.
- ProFootballWeekly's Fantasy Ticker: Week Five has your "hot purchases" as well as buy low and sell high candidates.
- Fanhouse's Waiver Wire Wonders: Mr. Massawho? doesn't include any new names from the other links above, but might give you some new reasons or inspiration for upgrading your team.