My dad was in town last night (major bonus to living in NYC? seeing my family frequently) so I missed part of the MNF game to enjoy a tasty dinner at Basera (best naan I've had in awhile, by the way) with the NYC transplants in my extended family. Always a good time. Meanwhile tonight I'm embarking on what I see as a ritual for practically every urban-dwelling 20/30-something woman I know: a book club. It's like the urban response to being a soccer mom or something. To be honest, I don't really understand the appeal. Now I realize that I'm a librarian and in theory I should enjoy incorporating books into my everyday life as much as possible, but there's something so incredibly cheesy about a book club. That said, this is my sister's book club so I'm trying to have an open mind here. And that whole reading thing is of course something I can get down with...
Speaking of reading, I've had a busy morning reading the latest waiver wire posts and other helpful hints for Week 8 and beyond:
- First up, Chris Cooley is out for the year - heads up for Cooley owners to go grab a new TE off of waivers (of course if you need suggestions, you can scope out waiver options in the links below).
- Jay Clemons is the commish of my fantasy basketball league and I think I can safely say that the man does not sleep. Or perhaps he just cat naps his way through the day. Which then only makes his Fantasy Clicks: Week 7 Revelations article that much more impressive. Great read for a fantasy take on last weekend's games.
- Sports Grumblings' The Fire Sale: Kicking it up a notch is up with World Series thoughts and of course fantasy football. Gotta admit that moving to NYC has not made me a Yankees fan at all. Plus my sister's friend Eric Bruntlett (of the unassisted triple play action earlier this year) plays for the Phillies and is their good luck charm for the playoffs, so I'm totally pulling for Eric and the Phillies.
- It might be two weeks away, but PFT reports the Steelers could be shorthanded in Denver.
- Lester's Legends has a few guys that you might want to avoid this week if possible in Fantasy Football Pitfalls - Week 8.
- Waiver wire links for today: