I've got a heavy heart today - my husband's grandmother passed away. She was really special to my husband and a truly wonderful woman so it has been a tough morning for us. We're off to eastern Tennessee this weekend so it may be another difficult weekend for me to answer start/sit questions. If you need advice though, there are lots of wise FFers out there and many of these links will take you to sites that can answer your questions.
Since I've known her, whenever my grandmother-in-law saw us walk into her room, she seemed so overcome with delight at being surrounded by her family that she would say with a smile on her face, "oh boy, oh boy" over and over again. Or when she was pleased with a present or photo or some other memento we brought with us, she'd give us all a "purr, purr" and you knew she was happy as a clam (or cat, as the case may be though that's hardly a well-known phrase). So in her honor, here are some links to make you go "oh boy, oh boy" or "purrrrr":
First up, let's review some new waiver advice out there:
- I've never seen Dancing with the Stars so I learned a lot of DWTS and fantasy football tidbits from Matthew Berry's Dancing With Week 5 Pickups. Never thought I'd say that.
- FFGeekBlog's The Wire - Week 5: Maybe the Steelers do have a running game!
- CBSSports.com's Waiver Wire: A Must-Add Brown? Go Figure
- Heads up IDPers:
- IDP Waiver Wire from Kilroyz Krystal Ball
- Wire Me This (IDP) from FantasyFootball.com
- IDP Wednesday from Numbers & Guts
- Monk's IDP Waiver Wire Pick Ups (thanks for the kind note, Monk!)
- Cappers Picks Blog's Week 5 Fantasy Football Waiver Wire (thanks to Fantasy Sports Central for the new site)
- FantasySharks.com's Start/Bench List Week 5
- FFToolbox's Who to Start Rankings/Projections
- Hatty Waiver Wire Guru's Studs, Starts, Sleepers and Bench chart
- Big news today from FootballOutsiders - Crabtree signs with the 49ers and Braylon Edwards traded to the Jets.
- FFToolbox recommends a few sleepers for Week 5 including LeSean McCoy who may still see a decent number of touches this week even with Westbrook returning from his injury. They're playing the Bucs, can we say great flex start??
- Week 5 Plug-and-Plays from The Hazean - I think this is bad fantasy karma but I'm kind of hoping Hasselbeck doesn't return so that I can play my backup, Seneca Wallace, against a lax Jacksonville pass defense with Aaron Rodgers out on a bye.
- Did you have any idea that Willis McGahee, Fred Jackson, and Julius Jones would all be top 10 fantasy RBs? Yeah me neither. I took a look at the consensus ranking positions that I compiled back in August by looking at 11 different fantasy football expert preseason rankings, and compared what we saw there to what we see now with RBs and WRs. The results will be up in my Bruno Boys column later today.