Well my plans for the Buffalo Wild Wings draft have changed - unfortunately I won't be at the Brooklyn BWW tonight since it's Wing Tuesdays and due to the wings madness, there's no guarantee that I could snag a table. Since that could cause significant drafting problems, as in there would be no drafting on my part, I'll be switching things up and drafting from home. I have no idea if any local readers were actually planning on coming, but if so, my apologies. Perhaps I can pull together a FFLibrarian Happy Hour somewhere here in NYC to make up for the last minute change of plans. Maybe a Monday Night Football game watch/happy hour in a few weeks? Would any of you be up for that?
Now to give you a little something for afternoon entertainment - more links!
- FantasyPros911 have their Week 1 rankings and projected fantasy points up - QB, RB, WR, TE, kicker, D/ST, even IDPs (DL, LB, DB). I'm not sure what scoring system they're using (ppr, non-ppr?) but I'm guessing it's a pretty standard non-ppr one.
- Take a look at ESPN for more Week 1 projections (yardage, TDs, and fantasy points).
- In case you haven't found Fantasy Sports Central's cheat sheet which averages position rankings from various FF sites (very similar of course to my average top 100 rankings position), definitely check it out - love how you can pick and choose your sites.
- Take a look at FFStarters' blog for a reminder that you always start your studs (as long as they're not injured or suspended, etc) in week 1.
- Tony Holm graces us with his first Prognosticator of the regular season - while this comes with the advice to start your studs this week, you may want to scope it out for a sense of which teams are up against easy or tough run and pass defenses. Keep in mind that this becomes a far more powerful tool as time goes on - and a few weeks into the season we'll have a much better picture of this year's defenses' strengths and weaknesses.
LOTS more rankings and projections are coming tomorrow!