I might be behind the times a bit here but yesterday afternoon was my first video Skype experience - and it rocked. In the past I've used Skype to chat with my husband while he travelled, but being a non-webcam family, I've never been able to use the video function. But yesterday I "met" one of my closest friend's 3-week-old baby and I can't get over what an amazing service Skype provides. Love it.
Plus a little Skype time with a baby was the perfect balance to an otherwise football-rich day. Don't get me wrong, bring on the football, but I think some days I could use a little more balance in my life. Surprisingly the world does not revolve around football (I know, I'm still shocked by this revelation, too).
But let's pretend like I does and get to today's linkfest:
- Oh MJD. When you leave the field with a questionable return, it creates a pit of fear in fantasy owners everywhere. So glad to hear it's likely your leg bruise is not serious.
- Meanwhile I'm sure Steve Slaton owners are somewhat displeased to hear that Chris Brown will be used in the red zone quite a bit - heads up, TD-heavy league players.
- CBSSports.com has thoughts on 3 backs who will bounce back in '09. Can you guess which RBs are listed here?
- It's a little hard to read on Hatty's website (you can get a copy via google docs), but they've got a new spreadsheet feature that lists studs, sleepers, starts, and sits for each week - see Week 1's details here.
- A few nights ago my husband and I watched Almost Famous, which he had never seen before, so I'm feeling rock n roll these days (note that my musical abilities basically only stretch to playing the recorder in elementary school) and felt this article from ESPN on a fantasy football league with dudes like Jerry Cantrell, Duff McKagan, and Kenny Wayne Shepherd (oh, and Matthew Berry of course) was appropriate to link to today.
- Wondering which backs are going to get the most carries this season? Rotoworld takes a stab at predicting the number of carries for running backs in both the NFC and AFC (interesting point they make - all 5 backs that carried the ball for 300+ carries last year came from the NFC...).
- KFFL and I share the same love for Felix Jones. Seriously, can't get enough of that guy.
- Some IDP rankings from CBSSports.com - top 50 players at LB, DB, and DL. Plus a little bit of IDP drafting strategy here, too.
- Ultimate Fantasy Football Strategy has put their soothsayer caps on and is Predicting the Top 10 Quarterbacks Based on Historical Trends. I was surprised at a few of their predictions - interesting stuff.
- If you're a member of The Huddle (one of my absolute favorite pay sites), don't forget to read the updated offensive line rankings. GOOD stuff. Love the o-line analysis, can't get enough.
I hope everyone enjoys their Labor Day Weekend! If you're in the New York City area and have some free time on Tuesday, 9/8, then come on by Buffalo Wild Wings at the Atlantic Center in Brooklyn. I still have to finalize the details but I believe I'll be there drafting that evening for the BWW League I'm in. Would love to have some reader support if you're free!