So how did it feel? Awesome, right? A full day of football is a beautiful thing even when you're team (real or fantasy) doesn't come out on top. But this Broncos fan is grateful for last minute miracle plays. And hey, my Northwestern Wildcats had a great game-winning field goal in the last few seconds of their game on Saturday - basically I'm big on teams that like to leave you in the lurch until the end.
I'm playing against Tom Brady in a handful of leagues tonight, but against both Brady and Moss in one league - so you can imagine I'm hoping that the Pats don't exactly light it up in the air tonight (though I'll take some Brady-Welker action). Meanwhile if I end up watching the game with my Brady-loving sister, she's going to be annoyingly unsympathetic to my situation.
I've got family in town until tomorrow and then I fly to Boulder on Wednesday night for a long weekend - busy week coming up, but I'll do my best to answer start/sit questions this week. Again, I'll suggest that you post any questions in the comments section for some start/sit love from the FFLibrarian community.
Time to dive into today's links:
- I feel like I should give thanks at the altar of fantasy football for avoiding playing against Drew Brees in any of my 8 leagues. It's a miracle of sorts. CBSSports.com reviews the awesomeness of 6 TDs and other Week 1 plays in The Joy of Six in New Orleans.
- More recap on Week 1 in Mr. Monday Morning from Fantasy Hulks with some of the best and worst players of the week.
- Since you're all fantasy football enthusiasts I'm sure you know of Donovan McNabb's broken rib and Anthony Gonzalez's knee injury - both will be limited in future games, so a heads up in case you own either one of them.
- A couple of IDP articles for the morning - one on IDPers to grab off of waivers from Monk and IDP Strategies from Hatty.
- Will Mike Bell's strong performance yesterday give Pierre Thomas a challenge in getting back that starting RB spot? All I can say to Thomas owners is get yourself on the waiver wire stat. Better to be safe than sorry.
- Speaking of waiver wire advice, I've got the Bruno Boys' Fantasy Football Week 2 Waiver Wire - Cut Them Loose. More waiver wire links will be up tomorrow!
- Adrian Peterson's first half and second half were like night and day (sign me up for some of those fluids) so I was kind of hoping for an AP-esque turn around for Forte last night. Didn't quite happen. Take a look at this week's MMQB: Adrian Peterson, Drew Brees not the only Week 1 impressive outings.