I might have a new fantasy crush here: Mario Manningham. I'm watching him make some great catches and I'm duly impressed...oh yeah, I've got SNF rolling right now. Basically 11 PM rolls around and I'm wiped out, ready to go to sleep. This whole living in a time zone now where football ends far after I'm normally asleep has been a bit of an adjustment. Last night though I remembered the beauty of DVR and recorded the last quarter or so of the Giants vs Cowboys game, which makes for a wonderful way to spend my morning. It's also giving me a chance to rejoice in the awesomeness of grabbing Mario Manningham off of waivers. After Manningham had a decent week against the Redskins, I plugged him into my lineup for this week remembering that UltimateNYG, my guest blogger last month (and Giants aficionado) was a fan. What a great call.
There are plenty of other great waiver wire grabs out there, so let's get to today's links:
- First, if you missed any of the games or are just looking for some quick notes, like the overachievers, underachievers, and insane stat lines of the day, take a look at CBSSports.com's First Response: Stars prove their worth.
- FootballDocs have their Waiver Wire advice up for Week 3. Donnie Avery owners might want to think about snagging Laurent Robinson if you've got room on your squad.
- LestersLegends.com's Get 'em or Don't Sweat 'em recommends picking up Byron Leftwich. I played against Jordan Zucker of Girls' Guide to Fantasy Football in a Battle of the Sexes league and she smartly plugged Leftwich in for her McNabb hole. Leftwich has had two nice games in a row, definitely worth thinking about if you're in need.
- AOL's FanHouse suggests that Week 2 is full of "head-scratching maybes" in Waiver Wire Wonders: The Week of the Random in Fantasy Football.
- The Bruno Boys have both Cut Them Loose and Pick Them Up to help you make some waiver wire choices - I love seeing my Broncos listed as a possible D/ST to pick up. At least for one more week...
- If you're in an IDP league and are interested in picking up some new individual defensive players for your lineup, take a look at Monk's IDP Waiver Wire Pick Ups for some thoughts. I'll be the first to admit that I was excited to see what Aaron Schobel could put together this week after a monster game in Week 1. Not such a big game for him this week - don't worry, I'm not switching him out but it's a reminder that IDPs can have huge out-of-the-blue games once in awhile. Let's not dwell on the fact that I left Elvis Dumervil and his 4 sacks on the bench this week...
- MMQB has a nice focus on Mark Sanchez - can you remember the last QB to play against Tom Brady who actually got more media love than TB?
Manningham is going to be a popular pickup this week for sure.
Thanks for the link.
Week Two Recap: Early Games
Week Two Recap: Late Games
andre/matt both have favorable matchups in the upcoming weeks. i already have ochocinco & jennings. and my RB's could use some help as I have GORE JACKSON J. JONES & BENSON. any help would be appreciated thank guys!
Congrats to your Broncos. The Bills could easily have been right there with them!