Happy Labor Day! Hopefully you all are doing something fun today, enjoying a day off. Personally I just slept in later than I have in months, possibly years, and it was awesome. Is there something in the air here? Seriously I sleep in so much later in NYC than in Boulder...though I think that might be related to the later nights, here too. So speaking of Boulder, who watched the CU vs CSU game last night? I got a little nostalgic looking at the beautiful flatiron/foothills shots - made me miss my old hometown! Tough times for the Buffs last night - not a good way to start the season. But who started the season well? Northwestern! My alma mater beat Towson pretty thoroughly this weekend; let's hope that keeps up.
All that said, there is no day off when it comes to fantasy football so read up on the latest links and reads in FF land.
- Find out who Ultimate FF Strategy thinks will be the Top 10 WRs Based on historical Trends - interesting stuff here as usual. If they're right about Brandon Marshall, there could be some teams who grabbed him at an excellent value.
- Cut day has come and gone - Rotoworld is Looking at cut day from a fantasy perspective. Gotta say I'm surprised that Jeff Garcia was cut but I haven't really been following him in any depth for awhile. Perhaps I assumed that Russell was just that bad. Either way, don't go there on draft day, waiver day, any day.
- MMQB reviews some of the big cuts this weekend, too, and the usual bevy of other football topics.
- You guys know even the slightest bit of statistical analysis makes me happy so I enjoyed ESPN's What to make of Rams' run on turnovers - a quick check on the correlation between preseason and regular season turnovers reveals that the Rams might not be turning over a new leaf after all. But hey, you never know...
- Fantazzle's rankings are all up and complete - remember Fantazzle won my accuracy challenge last year where I compared a lot of the big dogs out there to see which ranking was the most accurate. Might be worth seeing what Fantazzle has to say this year.
- FFManiaxs already have waiver wire advice up - plus of course start/sit for Week 1.
- Hatty Waiver Wire Guru gives us a list of guys that he's avoiding this season.
- Finally, the Lead Pipe Lock's Omatic spits out Week 1 Top 10 Starters by Position. Gotta say I like this - there aren't a ton of weekly rankings out there like this so I think I'm going to enjoy tracking the Omatic this season to see how well it does.
Finally, if you've sent me an e-mail and I haven't gotten back to you yet, my apologies. I am embarrassingly far behind on my e-mail but I will eventually get to them all - promise!