I'm still on the lookout for an awesome sports bar in walking distance from my Brooklyn home, so last night we checked out a place in the DUMBO neighborhood (yup, neighborhood acronyms have gone too far) that offered up a basement with a few massive tv screens, loungey seating, large glittery pillars (we discussed at length whether or not they were load bearing), a disco ball, and a somewhat odd clientele. The real draw was the $2 Coors Light to be honest, and it certainly wasn't a bad place to watch the MNF game...but I think my quest continues. New Yorkers, I'm still taking suggestions.
A reader recently asked me for my philosophy on playing his starting QB (Aaron Rodgers) against his starting D/ST (Minnesota) and I'm wondering what you all think about this. It depends a bit on your scoring system (and of course the quality of your other options) but personally, I'd play them both since they're each one of the best in their position and are likely to outplay his other options by a large enough margin to make it worth it. But what do the rest of you do when your fantasy QB and D/ST meet in real life?
Moving on to today's expert advice...first up, a slew of waiver wire articles:
- FFGeekBlog's The Wire - Week 4: Time to wake up and smell the coffee is up with waiver wire advice for all. Not to toot my own horn here too much but at my advice my husband drafted Brent Celek as his TE in the final round of one of his drafts. Every week I swear he looks at me adoringly with gratitude for the Celek advice. Celek has 245 yards on the season so far, which is the 10th most of all WRs and TEs - amazing.
- Hatty is rocking a suit in his latest waiver wire advice video - Hatty Waiver Wire Guru Week 4.
- Another video to scope out for waiver advice is Yahoo's Fantasy Football: Waiver Wire Gems, Week 4 with one of my faves at Yahoo, Andy Behrens. A reminder here that bye weeks are starting with Week 4!
- The Sports Outlaw's Waiver Wire Week 4 has some great suggestions if you need to fill in for an injury or an underperformer. I'm on the fence about Caldwell still; I'd be willing to make that gamble in a deep league but I think he might be more of a flash in a pan dude.
- Fantasy Football.com's Wire Me This is also a solid place to go for advice - I'm just not ready to roll the dice on Keenan Burton yet. Must be my deep-seated distrust that any Rams not named Steven Jackson could possibly have a roll in fantasy football.
- I like the rating system that Fantasy Football Jungle uses in their Week Four Waiver Wire article.
- If you need an update on injuries and Week 3 games, turn to Rotoworld's Football Daily Dose.
- CBSSports.com's Fantasy & Reality: What seems to be the catch? is just the kind of article I dig. A look at the inconsistency of some big name WRs.
- Are you 0-3 in your league? I'll be honest, I'm 0-3 in my very own monster 96-team league. How embarrassing is that? Yup. So if you need The Huddle's 5 Tips to Get Your 0-3 Team to the Playoffs like I do, then read up!
- A quasi-waiver wire article, take a look at Sports Grumblings' The Fire Sale: His Own Worst Enemy for advice and laughs all in one.